Thursday, December 27, 2012

Oops, I splurged!

Sooooo there's a little thing I do called a wishlist that helps me budget on my meager paycheck.  I have an Avengers white board that I write down what I would like to buy and it it stays up there for two weeks then I set the money aside and buy it the third week.  This keeps me from spending on a whim and it has really helped me so far!  Well, today that didn't happen.  I had been eyeing these two products for about a week and caved today, buying them to test them out.



So L'OREAL has this new 'stain gloss' that's 30% water, and I liked the colors that they had and decided to start off with a light pink.  What you see there is number 182, Pink Perseverance.  It cost me about $9.50, and not worth it in my opinion.....  It feels just like that 30% water, and once it starts drying, it gets this sticky feeling that I'm not too fond of.  I might get another color if they go on sale and I find a coupon at the same time, but for a very light coverage (I could hardly see it on myself) and an awkward feeling, I'm not going to be purchasing another one anytime soon.  Plus, it took me forever to figure out how to open it haha!  
One plus to this is that (at least with the lighter colors) it is minimal opacity, therefore it would be fantastic during the spring or summer.


This is the swatch on the back of my hand with the flash cause you wouldn't be able to see it without XD
And this is how it looks on me without the flash.


Now, the other thing I splurged on was a Revlon Nail Art fingernail polish, two in one thing......  I don't normally like going for these kinds of packaging since you get much less product for a more expensive price, but the Moon Candy, as they call these pairs, were just too pretty for me to pass up!  The color I bought for about $10.50 (I'm about to pass out) is called Universe.  I love the brown colors and I'm all for sparkle on my nails.  Mind you, I'm a very messy painter, so it might not look pretty, but at least I have pictures....


Alright.  The first pic is just the main brown color by itself, and the second pic is with the glitter that is with the brown.  Two coats of the brown did the job in covering the nail and I had no issues with it streaking or globbing at all :)  The glitter addition was a bit of a pain in the butt though.  It took about 5 times to get as much glitter coverage that I wanted and the glitter started to stick to the rim of the bottle and I couldn't do anything to move it away.  Other than that, I am having a hankering to get some more of these polishes, but am going to 1) put it on my wishlist and 2) search madly for a coupon haha!  I do recommend the polish though!  It's fun and funky :)

No comments:

Post a Comment