Thursday, January 24, 2013

Delightful Rot Haul Number 2~


Needless to say, I was completely impressed by Delightful Rot!  After the first review (View it HERE) I proceeded to go to the Etsy site, Click me!!!!, and order a set of my five favorites and 5 more samples.  It was a wonderful surprise to find two extra sample sizes in the package which honestly just made my day!  So, onwards to the review!


I did order the small bottle sizes of Glorious Purpose, Mewling Quim, Thor, Catwoman and Sherlock.  Feel free to check the link above labeled "HERE" to see my review on these scents!  I obviously liked them or else I wouldn't have upgraded them haha!  

Now to the samples!

So these first two I had been eyeing since my first purchase and I couldn't resist getting the samples.

Gryffindor~ "A bright, valorous scent, bursting with warm notes of verbena, mandarin, spicy jasmine and a deep amber musk."
~I really like this scent!  It reminds me of something and it nearly drives me crazy trying to think of what it reminds me of.  Some memory of my childhood, I suppose.  This one will be upgraded in the future for me!

Slytherin~ "A cauldron bubbling over with tart apple, spicy caraway and a heady cloud of dark incense smoke."
~ I have on my notes for this scent that it is exactly how I would expect Potions class to smell.  It's deep and lovely and has a spice to it that my brain is still deciding if it really really likes it, or it it's confused!  It might be upgraded once my brain figures itself out hehe

Setite~ "A slithery, seductive smell. A mixture of sweet forbidden fruit coated with snake venom and an alluring and subtle lemon-lime musk. "
~When I opened the sample, I was already in love.  This one will be getting upgraded!  I can picture myself wearing this out on a date.  The only sad thing was when I was putting the cap back on, I sneezed and dropped the sample!  I now have no more sample left, but my feet and kitchen floor smell amazing..... (*sobs*)

Tardis~ "Inspired by the famous blue police box, this scent is the interpretation of a blueberry steeped English breakfast tea."
~ This scent immediately reminded me of when I was in England after my trip to Ireland!  The little Bed and Breakfast that I had stopped in would have a cup of tea waiting for me and a lovely biscuit.  It's a sweet smelling scent, obviously, and though it brings back wonderful memories, I'm not sure how I'd handle a sweet scent all day.  I'll have to try it out and see if I'm ordering a larger size.

'67 Chevy Impala~ "A man's scent. Bay rum, spiked with graveyard dirt, gunpowder, a touch of leather and a ring of salt, with an overtone of masculine musk. "
~I like it!  This is one of those scents where on my notes I have no notes haha!  I just have a smiley face because I like it, but I really have no way to describe it!  I just know that I like it :)

Djinni~ "Be careful what you wish for. What seems sugary and charming at first, with notes of lychee, black coconut and yuzu, soon reveals to have a sinister and smoky interior, curls of copal and dark musks floating out of what seemed to be nothing but sweet."
~This is one that was fantastic to receive as a lovely gift!  I like it, and it's going to be upgraded :)  It is a fantastic scent!

Boba~ "A sweet fragrance, reminiscent of your favorite bubble tea! With notes of sweet milk, cinnamon and spice tea, and a touch of black coconut, this is a definite foodie scent, with a mild and sweet dry down."
~I love bubble tea!  This is a sweet scent that does remind me of the little bubble tea shop right down the street from me and it's delightful.  Again, like Tardis, I don't know how I'd handle a sweet scent all day, so I'll have to try it out before I get it upgraded.

That is all that I have for today!  Let me know if you have tried Delightful Rot and what scents you recommend :)  I'd love to give them a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment