Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Ipsy Glam Bag~ Super Stars!

Guess what came in today?!?!?!  Well, I guess the title gave it away, but oh well >_>'  I received the tracking email yesterday so I presumed that it would be coming shortly, since things are a little off since Ipsy is really growing right now.  This month's bag is much better than last month's :)  I know that from reading, many people aren't happy about getting stuff that isn't makeup, but I love it because Ipsy is a beauty subscription deal..... Not a makeup deal.  I just recently chopped off 13 in of hair to get some blonde out so I can get ready to donate it, and having things that have hair care in it?  Perfect!  Onwards to the pictures!


 So, as you can see, the bag was pretty boring from the outside, but after peeking inside, I found the cutest lining!!!  I love the stars, so this month's actual bag was also better than the last.  As you can see from left to right, we have Pacifica Body Butter, Nailtini fingernail polish, Josie Maran 100% Argan Oil, Big Sexy Hair Spray & Play and in the front is a London Soho New York crease brush!

I had said in an earlier post, I love lotion and body butter and anything that leaves my skin nice and soft.  I have never tried the Pacifica brand, but I must admit that as always, Ipsy has sent me something new that I might become attached to.  The Tuscan blood orange scent is fantastic and I like how it feels when I put it on.  Absorbs quickly and it feels really good around the cuticles.
Retail price?~ $18.00
This already pays for my months subscription!


I have always liked the Big Sexy Hair  brand.  Being a person who changes hair styles A LOT, I tend to jump product to product, but this brand had always had some place in my hair care system.  I have issues with hair spray.  Being heave handed, I tend to put too much in and then it just looks like I sorted out brown straw and stuck it on my head.  This little thing is perfect for my purse and it's light enough that I get the hold and volume yet not the clumping.  And if I do get it clumped, it's not painful to sort it out with my comb.  This is not going to become a must have for my short hair!


When November (I think it was November hehe) rolled around, we received a glitter polish by Nailtini. Being the lazy person that I am, I don't usually swing towards glitter because it's a pain in the tush to get it off.....  Because of the color I got, I was willing to give this brand another shot.  I'm OK with this polish.  The color is called frappe and when I first saw it, I died a little on the inside.  I LOVE bright colors and any neutral color I have bought never worked out for me.  Nevertheless, I have put it on and have mixed opinions.  I adore the staying power of Nailtini and I like the colors that they have online as well, but I'm not so hot on this one.  What you see in the pic is 3 coats, and you can still see the whites of my nails.  Unless I do a french manicure (Which I never really do....) I don't want to see this.  I want it to be opaque.  It's a nice spring color.  That's probably the only time I'll wear it after this week at work.



I always get confused when I find a bottle with an eyedropper lol! This is Josie Maran 100% pure Argan Oil.  I'm honestly not sure what to think. I hate putting this stuff in my hair, but on the bottle's box it has this fantastic thing that tells you all the ways that you can use it!  I have adult onset acne, so that's what I tried to help with this.  No results yet, so we'll just keep on trucking.  I might just make myself a bath melt and put this in it to make a relaxing bath time!


Lastly, is the London Soho New York crease brush.  I admit, the shape of the handle is actually what caught my attention first.  It has these three little indents for better holding purposes, I guess.  This is the first time I have gotten a brush with Ipsy and I'm quite pleased.  I like the bristles and the packaging is awesome.  It even has a brush cleaning tip on the back and 4 makeup looks on the inside pamphlet!  I'm quite impressed :)

This a look I made and used this brush to help blend.  And sorry for the eyebrows XD  I was running late for an appointment hehe.  That is all that I have for today!  Visit Ipsy HERE to check it out and see what other people are saying!  Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment