Saturday, January 12, 2013

Delightful Rot Haul~

Soooo, there is this store on Etsy that I have been eyeing for a few months now called Delightful Rot.  The first thing that had caught my attention was the name, obviously, and the second thing was the names of the perfumes she had.  (VISIT THIS SHOP HERE!)  I've never bought perfume online before because I'm always skeptical of how the scent is going to be and whether or not I'm going to like it.  I must admit, creativity and attractive nerdy things are always a way to hook me.  Having put money aside, I decided to get one small bottle and some sample sizes! I am super happy she offers sample sizes because that way I don't spend the money on a full size if I'm not one to swing towards that scent, besides, her prices are amazing :)  So anyways, here are some pictures of what I ordered!

I don't have a picture of the whole package (Believe me, it was adorably wrapped)  because I was too excited when I saw the box in my mail, that i just kind of tore into it before I realized I needed pictures hehe. This was how she wrapped my samples :)  Cute, no?

There were some issues with USPS when they were first shipped, being that I had ordered so close to Christmas, that the post had lost my package.  After letting Delightful Rot know what had happened, she sent out another and a tracking number!  She was fantastic and really sweet about everything.
Anyways, onwards to the scents.
I ordered the small bottle of perfume in Loki, namely for the name.  I love anything Loki and couldn't resist.  This is the description she has on her site, "Smoke and mirrors. Notes of deep green herbs, incense smoke and a touch of frost." It is just what I was thinking it would smell like.  I love the herbal scent to it, and it reminds me of a used bookstore I would always go to as a child when this little old man who owned the store would always have incense burning in the back room.  For being the god of mischief and lies, I can picture this scent lingering in the air around him simply because in that bookstore I was the mischief maker and would grab all the books I could, spread them out on the floor and flip through all of them, forgetting to put them back up.  But that's my biggest description here hehe.  It was the scent that captured me the most.  So I shall now list the samples and the description she has on the site and let you know which ones will be being upgraded hehe.  

Thor~ "The scent of a thunderstorm. Rain, wet and heavy in the air, soaking through earth and trees alike, with a crackling note of ozone."
~Love this one!  Certainly getting upgraded.

Sherlock~  "Elementary. Based on the famous detective in literature, this scent includes a helping of pipe tobacco, spice cognac, 19th century cologne and stacks of dusty papers on old bookshelves."
~This scent will be getting upgraded so I can give one to my boyfriend for his birthday :)  I love it and wouldn't mind him smelling like it haha.

Castiel~ "A softer, clean masculine scent. A hint of frankincense, touched with heavy wet clouds and the worn cotton of a khaki trench coat. "
~I like this, but it seems more feminine to me, so I'm keeping this one for me ^_^

Mewling Quim~ "Pink grapefruit with a healthy splash of salt water and musk. "
~Loving this one!  My coworker can't keep a straight face when he hears musk, but this one is getting upgraded!

Glorious Purpose~ "A majestic combination of jeweled blood orange and fiery cinnamon."
~ I love cinnamon.  Anything that has this in it, I must have.  It's a very relaxing scent to me, therefore this one is getting upgraded as well!

Poisonous Dream~ "The blackberry musk of of a sweet dream, distorted by cool mint and black oud. "
~Out of these three Loki themed scents, this was my leas favorite, but I still liked it :)  I'm thinking of just ordering her set of these so I can get the other two hehe (Mewling Quim and Glorious Purpose)

Poison Ivy~ "Lush and seductive, blossoming with hints of mango, white peach, passion flower, dianthus and a warm amber musk, to ensnare heroes and villains alike."
~I like it, but it's a little to feminine for me.  I like the spicier scents, but this would make a great gift for my mom!

Catwoman~ (Who doesn't like the ladies of Batman?)  "A sophisticated and captivating urban scent. Feminine musk paired with just a teeny bit of sweetness, dusted over with touches of leather and catnip."
~Hahahahaha!  When I opened the package and threw out the pretty wrapping, one of my cats got into the trash and decided one of the wrappings was his new toy.  I couldn't figure out why he was all over the paper, rubbing it and chewing on it, until I saw the catnip in the description lol!  Needless to say, as a woman with four cats, I have to upgrade this and hope my cats don't try to eat me alive....

Creeper~ "Ssssss... That's a nice everything you have... A powder keg stuffed with sweet lime and grass, this scent is innocuous at first with a smoky, spicy undertone."
~This description cracks me up XD  It's a nice clean scent (Hey, the creepers are the ones you least expect!) but I'm not sure if I'm going to be ordering a bigger version or not.

Blood Bath~ "A sexy, romantic bath with a vampire. Crisp water soaked with rose petals and a trickle of blood and musk."
~ She leaves a note saying how there is no actual blood in here lol.  I'm always iffy when it comes to a scent with roses because my ex boyfriend's mother always wore rose perfume and after a while it was either her perfume or obnoxious personality that made me slightly sick.  I like the scent, but this memory would prevent me from ordering a larger size.

Lastly, Cantina Band~ "A bawdy, raucous scent. A mix of smoky air and scuffed wood bar, dusty boots, aliens musks and the sweet molasses edge of rye liquor."
~I'm not sure what to think of this one..... I like it and then I'm confused and then I'm lost......  My boyfriend loves it, but for some reason my on edginess of this scent literally leaves me confused while I spend my time trying to think of whether or not I like it haha!

That's all I have!   Sorry this review was so long, I had a lot on my hand!  Let me know what you think and I highly recommend this seller to anyone!!!!!!  Again, visit the store HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment